Saturday 9 June 2007

Cookies n biccies!

Backlogged: some o' the cookies I've made over the last year...

CHOC ORANGE GINGER SPARKLIES
Made as a thank you present for a friend (and her family) who hosted me and put up with my weird diet for a week (believe me, that's no mean feat...)


Basic choccy biccy recipe with ground ginger + orange extract. I coloured the sugar with (non-beetle-derived) pink food dye.



BLUEBERRY LEMON BISCOTTI
These were a total piece of piss to make. Originally a cranberry biscotti recipe, but i love the fact that the bloobreez made them go a really unappetizing shade of grey. Sick-lookin' food is totally the best.


GINGER APPLESAUCE COOKIES WITH GUMMI BEARS


I found organic vegan gummi bears in my local health food shop. Too brilliant for words.


Also I'm aware that these aren't strictly 'cookies', since they're pretty lumpy and therefore more like rock cakes, but..... ah, feck it. They tasted good and look funny, so ner.


MAYA GOLD COOKIES
Basic chocolate cookie recipe, except I used Green & Black's Maya Gold Drinking Chocolate powder in place of half of the cocoa, and also added in some orange extract and spices (the same as those listed in the ingredients of the drinking choc!)


APPLE SHAMROCK COOKIES, YA WEE FECKER!


I am insanely proud of my Irish roots (I have both Northern + Southern relatives) and St. Patrick's Day always brings out the shameless patriot in me. I made these by cutting out three mini hearts for each cookie, sticking 'em together and then using a roll of spare dough for the stalk. Oh yeah, and they're green for authenticity, loike.

Pre-bake:


Done!



And that's yer lot. Cookie monster have rest now.

4 comments:

Caty said...

They all look great but oh my god those chocolate orange ginger biscuits look to die for! I love the pink sprinkles too.

madeinalaska said...

YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!! BRAVO ON ALL OF YOUR COOKING ENDIVORS!
JULEE

madeinalaska said...

Happy Birthday.. by the way!

Anonymous said...

ooo, dear! are you opening your bakery any time soon? they all look fabulous!!